Neti Pot Details
To properly use a Neti Pot at home, you will need a clean area and the proper supplies. Our Neti Pot includes:
- A plastic 300 ml Neti Pot.
- It is made of food-grade plastic.
Make sure to use clean, lukewarm water, and table salt. Using large grain salt can cause discomfort.
How to use your Neti Pot:
- Make sure your Neti Pot has been adequately cleaned.
- Make a lukewarm, saltwater solution, and fill the pot.
- Head outside or to your sink to keep the mess at a minimum.
- Tilt your head to one side over your sink, and slowly begin to let the water flow through your nostril.
- Breath slowly through your mouth as the water passes from the upper nostril and out of the low nostril.
- Allows easier breathing
- Removes excess mucous
- Reduce pollen and allergens in the nasal passage
- Relieve dryness
- Reduce cold and flu symptoms
- Alleviate sinus headaches and tension
- Improve your sense of smell and taste
- Reduce snoring
- Reduces the need for medications
- Can prevent the common cold and other upper respiratory infections
- Your Neti Pot must be clean! Do not take this lightly. You can spread germs and infections if you are not careful.
- Do not make the solution too hot; lukewarm means that it should only be slightly warmer than your skin.
- Sometimes it is better to practice on an empty stomach if you are prone to vomiting.
- Do not forget to breathe!
- Do not use too much salt. It will create a burning sensation during use.
- If your nose feels dry, sore, or raw, put a few drops of milk into the nasal passage.